Friday 6 November 2009

God is in the Rain

A rainy night on the Fifth of November. I think this date gets a baptism from above nearly every year. Such a quiet Bonfire Night as far as fireworks go. But sirens - plenty of those. I can hear them now, sitting here writing this entry at 1:43am. Maybe it was the rain (never stopped it much before) , perhaps it's the credit crunch or maybe they are all just going to turn up at the big Witton Country Park do at the weekend. Mark and I were going to go but it looks like it might be too wet.

"Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason

Should ever be forgot."


I stayed in and watched one of my all time favourite films. Actually, I watch this one every 5th of November. Any excuse. The film is V for Vendetta based on the ten issue comic series from the 1980s by that genius imagineer Alan Moore.

1 comment: