Friday 20 November 2009

View from a bridge

This is another shot of the Raithwaite lake. Railings, parapets, balustrades etc are often something of a hindrance to photography from wheelchair level. In this instance I tried holding the camera up above the barrier and shooting blind. I clicked away for a minute, hoping for the best. Only one was worth keeping - see below. I took the above picture by shooting lower than my usual viewpoint, well at least I could see the viewfinder to frame and focus. I think it turned out ok. The stone pillars actually seem to add something to the shot and the reflection was an unintended bonus.

17 comments:

  1. Great work Michael, these pictures are outstanding!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. The reflections are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful scene, liked how the colors stay as it is on the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like how you shot the top photo through the columns, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful greens and wonderful reflections! Both are great views.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are very nice. I can't decide which one I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shots...I like the columns as foreground in the first shot...both are great reflections...

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really nice shots. I love the columns in the foreground of the first. And the second one's reflections are so perfect it takes a moment to see where land stops and the reflections begin. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pillars do add a certain perspective to the view, which I like. but they are also annoying in a certain way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like them both. The framing of the first lends much interest and the colors of the second are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the columns! Exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful reflections, I too like how you framed the first shot.
    The Road to Here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice reflections. :)
    Great perspective in the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always have to fight with the kind of picture you took (Nr 1 picture) you did great.
    DIfferent frames in the same picture... nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely photos, i think the pillars definitely add something to the first shot...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful reflection shots Michael. Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete