Saturday 7 August 2010

Quackers & croakers

Another family of ducks from last month to brighten the day of anybody needing a bit of pure cuteness to get them through the day. This isn't the family I featured earlier in the year.
Where did the sunshine go anyway? This month just seems to be cloud and wetness again. I suppose the ducks don't really mind but I crave a bit of sunshine on my face. This wetness this week seems to have triggered the annual frog pilgrimage down the hill again with several hoppers fetching up in the gardens again. This one is having a rest on my back step before he sets off again.

13 comments:

  1. looks like a nasty male duck has pulled her feathers out at the back of her head

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. They aren't the most chivalrous of beasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute! A family affair keeping watch on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos certainly brightened my day Michael. Lovely! But hope the sun shines for you soon.
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  5. those ducks are so cute..... we're on the same boat... i crave for some sunshine too... it's been raining here for the past two months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The duck family is so cute and the photo is great.
    I have a special thing for frogs, so naturally I really like that photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots, Michael. I think ducks make wonderful parents. I hope the toad is hiding from predators. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael: Very neat captures of your local critters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ducks AND the froggy! You sure do a great job of capturing the essence of the wildlife around you, Michael. It's a real talent, you know.

    ReplyDelete